I currently am working as a webmaster.
I enjoy sewing clothing for the five of us. My main interest is in sewing tips, creating patterns, and costuming in general.
H-costume archives are now available from h-costume and more recent ones are avaliable at http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~fashion/archives/.
They are currently on my site until such a time that they can be housed else where or the owner of the archives asks me to remove them. These are the zip archives from 93, 94, 95 and 96. Once you unzip them you have to add .txt to the ends of each and format them to the way you want the to look.
Here are a few others:
The Costume Page:
Boot Retailer Web Site:
Archives from the rialto:
Color Names Through the Centuries:
This is a site that may move around but generally stays under the same company. It is from the publishers of Threads magazine.
How to make your own dress double!
The Great Pattern Review
Bra and Underwire FAQ's:
The Costume Page with Costume Convention Calender:
General costume patterns:
Renaissance Peasant Garb
Byzantine Patterns for download:
Godey's Ladies books:
Images of Costume, Culture, Pavilions, etc.
History of Costume by Braun & Schular:
(has entire book of color plates online!)
Bayeux Tapestry, with downloadable images:
Gallery of Garb:
Pattern slopes for men's trousers and women's bodices:
Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page:
Millinary and Beading:
armory articles and patterns:
- Historic Costume List: Subscribe by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The text of your message should read:
- Fantasy Costume List: Subscribe by e-mailing email@example.com. The text of your message should read:
- "subscribe f-costume your first name your last name".
- Vintage Clothing List: Subscribe by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The text of your message should read:
- "subscribe vintage your first name your last name".
My main interest in Physics is Gravitational Waves. Watch for an article I wrote later. My main interest in computers is Vrml. Expect to see a Castle some day.
Franchesca V. Havas
This Web page is designed for HTML 4.0 compliant browsers.
|This page was created by
Franchesca V. Havas