About the Source:
- Time period: 1450-1520
- Country: England
- Modern source: Cod. Pal. germ. 848
Große Heidelberger Liederhandschrift (Codex Manesse)
Zürich, ca. 1300 bis ca. 1340
About the Scroll:
- Type of scroll: Porte de l’Eau Porte Chalice
- Scroll Recipients: Heinrich Wilhelm von Ansbach
- Date of Completion: June 2011
- Medium: Bristol
- Ink: Parker
- Paint: Windsor-Newton gouache, Schminke Goldpearl Gouache
- Dimensions: 11 X 14
- Additional Notes: The I is from here 42r: Graf Albrecht von Heigerloch and W is from here: 17r: Der Herzog von Anhalt, H and B from 22v: Graf Kraft von Toggenburg
- Additional images:
- I n AS 26, the award of the Porte Chalice was created to
honor service to the newly founded Canton of Porte de l’Eau.
E ach year the people of the Canton do recommend a worthy
member to receive the Porte Chalice from the hands of the
Baron and Baroness of Madrone.
- I n AS 45, the populace did proclaim their praise for the long
labors and gracious manners of
- Heinrich Wilhelm von Ansbach
- for he has contributed greatly to Porte de l’Eau.
- His manner is always helpful and cheerful.
- His service as chatelaine has been exemplary and he has labored
greatly to help newcomers to the Canton and Barony.
- K now that we, Cire and Elisabeth, are well pleased with his
service and are minded to present him with this award in
grateful recognition of his devoted service to our lands.
- By our hand and seal this 11th day of June AS 46,